Color Correction

Hello, hello, hello, blogger entry readers! Welcome to the 40th blogger entry post for my final project film opening! Today I will discuss color correction (Adding filters, adjusting exposure and tint, etc.)

Per contra, before I cover that topic, I would like to say that all of my blog posts are nearly complete. I only have one week left to complete my final critical reflection, blog posts, script revisions, animated title sequence, and of course, production/recording. This film's opening journey has been onerous, and it is incredulous that I have conducted to make it this far. It was challenging to maintain 300 words per post, expressive writing, and the several stages within this project itself. With that taken into account, I know that our film opening will be pristine, and the group and I will receive an A for our exam/project grade.

NOW BACK TO THE TOPIC! 

I did apply color correction with the editing process to some of the film's scenes. The color correction maintains a more flattering fit to horror conventions. For instance, I added a color correction to Leea's news report scene. The original recording was bright and didn't fit the horror conventions of low-toned and low-key lighting. The lighting in my house was too lambent. Therefore, I used the editing program PicsArt on my mobile device to enhance some features. There was a filter named Glitch 2 on PicsArt that I employed to create Leea's scene's glitch effect. I also contemplated adding a reddish tint to the overall film opening. The red tint would connotate danger and violence. Also, the tint can generate the viewers to feel unnerved. Lastly, when I adjusted the exposure to Leea's scene, the finished product had a grainy, undersaturated, and worn toned to the footage. The finished product matches flawlessly with horror conventions. 

Comments

Popular Posts